I didn’t take a photo of it, but I improvised a fried chicken recipe today that might be my best one yet, so I figured I should write it down. I pretty much played everything by ear, so there’s not gonna be any measurements I’m afraid.
- Get chicken fillets and make them skinny, either by cutting them up or flattening them.
- Coat both sides of each fillet in a liberal amount of salt and pepper (this is fried chicken after all) before dousing in lemon juice.
- Combine together a significant amount of plain white flour, adding in a good shake of paprika and cayenne pepper, a smaller shake of chilli powder, and a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Dip each fillet in the dry mixture, then egg wash, then dry mix again.
- Fry them in oil that is hot for like, four minutes.
It was really the taste please and thank you.